Friday, April 22, 2011

Books

Ever since I can remember I've loved to read. During the summer when I was growing up I would ride my bike to the library and check out the maximum number of books I was allowed to (which was 8), read them all, then I would go back the next week and get 8 more.

There are several book series that I've been reading for a few years now. The longest is the Inheritance cycle which so far have been Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, and I've been waiting for almost 3 years for the last book Inheritance to be released. Brisingr came out in September of 08 (I remember because it came out at midnight the day before I left on vacation). I remember waiting for over 2 years for that one to be relased. After I read it I couldn't wait for the fourth and final book. After waiting and waiting and waiting... There's finally a release date! After all this time, now I only have to wait until November 8th.

Until then though, there's a few other series that will keep me somewhat occupied. I started reading the Southern Vampire books (some of you know them as Sookie Stackhouse, and others know them from the HBO shows True Blood) several years ago. I was happy when they became an HBO series, but I'm not happy about how far the show has gone from the story line. Anyway, book 11 comes out May 3rd. And then the season 3 of True Blood comes out at the end of May, the 31st I think.

I've also been reading the house of night books, and the next book, the 8th will also be released in November.

Then there was the Vampire Academy books. This series I absolutely loved. The author isn't writing anymore from the POV of the main character in the first 6 books, but there is a spinoff series and the first called Bloodlines it going to be released August 23. Obviously this is about vampires but the love story is what drew me in. There have been very few books that have caused me to shed a tear, but several of these did. I'm sad to see it end but excited to see where the new series goes.

I'm currently reading the newest Vampire Diaries book that came out last month. I haven't seen the show and honestly I'm probably not going to until it is on netflix lol.

And then there's the Anita Blake series. The first book was given to me and I read it just after Jake was born last year. I loved it so much that I bought the other 18 books and read them all within a few months. Now  book 20 will be out on June 7th and it is called Hit List and it brings back one of my favorite characters. And yes, it is about vampires too.

I'm always open for suggestions for more books to read, if anybody has any : )

There was a series that I started to read that I really should finish because it was pretty cool. I can't remember the name of it but the first book was about a guy who was murdered and woke up as a vampire. Then he had to work to solve his own murder. I have to have them sent over to my library which takes a little bit so that is why I haven't read past the third book.

There was also a book I read a few years ago that I'm pretty sure was a series. I thought it was a detective book but it was a vampire book. It was kind of the book that opened the vampire doors for me. I don't remember much except the detective was investigating a murder. Her father had been a cop and that is why she was a cop. I'm pretty sure it was set in New Orleans. I can't really remember more than that except she found out the main suspect was a vampire and then she had to work with him to solve the crime... I know the book is packed away in my storage somewhere. I hope to go through that this summer and get rid of most of the crap in there. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment